OS Financial Trading System (OSFTS) hereby gives the following a non-exclusive license to use this software (the Software):
i. Registered users (upon payment of a license fee). Contact OSFTS at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to use the Software if you have not registered to use the Software.
ii. Students and employees at educational institutions that license the Software are considered registered users.
iii. Trial users who use the Software to connect to an authorized OS Financial Trading System computer server or run a demonstration version of the Software from an authorized OS Financial Trading System internet site.
Any other use is illegal. By using the Software, you acknowledge that this agreement has been read and understood and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
A Registered or Trial user may:
- use the Software on any single computer;
- use the Software on a second computer so long as the primary user of each copy is the same person;
- copy the Software for archival purposes, provided any copy contains all of the original Software's proprietary notices;
- educational institutions that license the software are permitted to use the Software on any of the institutions computers.
You may not:
- permit unregistered users to use the Software
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, rent, lease, loan, distribute, or create derivative works (as defined by the U.S. Copyright Act) or improvements (as defined by U.S. patent law) of the Software or any portion thereof.
- copy the Software (except as specified above);
- rent, lease, transfer or otherwise transfer rights to the Software;
- remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise distribute any content transmitted by OS Financial Trading System.
- The license will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the limitations described above. On termination, you must destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation.
- The license will terminate if you stop being a registered user or fail to pay the license fees
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
The Software is provided on an AS IS basis, for educational purposes only, without warranty of any kind, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Software is borne by you. Should the Software prove defective, you and not OSFTS assume the entire cost of any service and repair. You are solely responsible for compliance with agreements you have executed with third parties, including the use of the Software with data and information acquired from third parties. You agree to indemnify and hold OSFTS harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party in connection with or arising out of your use of the Software, your violation of any terms or conditions of this Software Licence, your violation of applicable laws, or your violation of any rights of another person or entity.
OSFTS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE, OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
Title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Software shall remain in OSFTS. The Software is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties, and/or other proprietary rights and laws of the U.S. and other countries. You agree to abide by all applicable proprietary rights laws and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in this Software License